01.03.2012 20 comments Category: Site news
One sim racer will get the chance of a lifetime, a chance to race at the real 2012 IFMAR World Championships.
Virtual Racing Industries in collaboration with IFMAR, proudly presents to you ‘Race 2 the Worlds’, the ground-breaking competition which will give one VRC Pro sim racer the unique opportunity to race at the real 2012 IFMAR World Championships, The Netherlands, July 26-28th, all expenses paid, all materials and support provided.
Race2theWorlds challenges r/c racers across the world to compete in one long, on-going online event with practically unlimited qualification tries. Anyone can join the event at any time.
Qualifying starts on March 1st 2012 and ends on June 16th. The top-200 proceeds to the Semi Final and the best 100 proceed to the Main Final to battle it out for victory. So get your controller out, start practicing and win your all-inclusive racing trip to the Netherlands in July!
Race2theWorlds 2012 Rules and restrictions apply, pls. check the R2tW Rules: [ur... read more
01.03.2012 7 comments Category: Event publications
RACE2THEWORLDS 2012 RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
1. You must have a valid subscription for VRC Pro and may only use official software and servers.
2. You must be at least 10 years or older to participate in the Race2theWorlds event .
3. Minors under 16 years of age require permission of a parent or guardian to compete in this contest.
4. Only if you are 14 years or older on January 1st 2012but you can qualify for the 2012 IFMAR World Championship seat.
5. A parent or guardian must accompany you in case you are under 16 year on January 1st 2012. (The parent or guardian will travel on his own cost, hotel costs will be paid by the R2TW organization).
6. To qualify for a seat at the 2012 IFMAR Worlds you may not have raced in an official IFMAR World Championship electrics on-road class before after 2002, this up to the discretion of IFMAR and the respective block.
7. Costs that will be paid by the R2TW organization include only:
a. Traveling by car against €0.15 per km and toll c... read more